Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DIARY June 22 2015

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10458

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
A new single out in the autumn: sounds great!. Could it mean there's a new album in the pipeline, I wonder? I hope so. Great news about Rod and Friend For Life. I'm intrigued to hear what he's done with it.
As for theatre I'm with you on High Society but mostly because it's billed as "a classic feel-good musical": my worst genre. :lol:

The Rose Playhouse on Bankside is a great place to come and see a play. Perhaps if you're in the area you could pop in for one of our Saturday open days?
Personally, I'd love you to do an intimate acoustic set there. Imagine it, an audience of 50-55 people, a few musicians maybe, followed by a question/answer session? Well, a girl can dream.......
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10459

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi GedKen. Just fyi The Twins are named Wagner (the Wagner twins, but known professionally as The MonaLisa Twins; nijer seed can indeed be spelt as "nijer," as well as "nyjer" and "niger" - multi- faceted word! Muntjac - yes, well-spotted, a T is missing.

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10460

• Patrick
As I was channel hopping this morning I caught a glimpse of Rod Stewart doing some promotion for his new album....wish I'd payed more attention now!

It really is fantastic news...his last album Time was a huge success (I have a copy myself - it's good but no where near as good as Quality or Stranger IMHO) and it will surely raise Steves profile as a great songwriter. I'll have to get hold of a certain Mr Stewart's next release.

I'm liking the potential songs for the first (or second) set with All Men Are Hungry and Tumbling Down being two of my three votes how couldn't I be!

Roll on November....Manchester and Scunthorpe here we come!!

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10461

• Patrick
As I was channel hopping this morning I caught a glimpse of Rod Stewart doing some promotion for his new album....wish I'd payed more attention now!

It really is fantastic news...his last album Time was a huge success (I have a copy myself - it's good but no where near as good as Quality or Stranger IMHO) and it will surely raise Steves profile as a great songwriter. I'll have to get hold of a certain Mr Stewart's next release.

I'm liking the potential songs for the first (or second) set with All Men Are Hungry and Tumbling Down being two of my three votes how couldn't I be!

Roll on November....Manchester and Scunthorpe here we come!!

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10462

• GedKen
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Hi GedKen. Just fyi The Twins are named Wagner (the Wagner twins, but known professionally as The MonaLisa Twins; nijer seed can indeed be spelt as "nijer," as well as "nyjer" and "niger" - multi- faceted word! Muntjac - yes, well-spotted, a T is missing.

Ah-ha! Cheers Rachel, as I say - too much proofreading! :)
Looking at their website their first names are Mona and Lisa - hence the band's name! We tried feeding the birds on our back garden - hence the niger seeds recall - unfortunately the local grey squirrels turned up more often than the Kray twins and swiped the lot! B) B)

Re: DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 10 months ago #10464

• Andy Wood
Congratulations!
We are also fascinated by our woodpeckers and their babies.The babies sit on the bird table as their parents peck at the nuts and feed them,Truly magical.